The Mechanical Engineer’s responsibilities are to design electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Apply all necessary safety measures in design products
- Working with the Engineering Leader on customer design reviews and scope of work.
- Other Duties as Assigned.