The Controls Programmer’s responsibility is to develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Interpret customer requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Create and finalize controls designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Electrical, software design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems. Able to maintain project scope and identify project creep.
- Support manufacture build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integrations.
- Lead and assist electrical engineer with customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
- Provide Control’s information.
- Identify changes in work scope and timelines and work with Controls Leader to resolve.
- Other duties as assigned